Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Cafe Review: Taste of Bitter Love in Hackney

I am currently stuck at work. I am just sitting here as a lawyer in America ruins my evening. However, it does give me chance to review something small whilst I am waiting. A little bitesized review. Luckily I went to Taste of Bitter Love this weekend.



TOBL has a unique selling point. You probably won't be able to get in. You definitely won't be able to sit down. It is very small. And it is normally busy. People mingle in and out of it and it is a place where once nestled in people want to stay. It has a kitschy vintage vibe inside with plenty to keep the eye company.



Unsurprisingly we couldn't get a seat. However, as it was a sunny winter Sunday it was enjoyable just to stand outside on Hackney Road and winter sunbathe as trucks and fixed wheels drove by at high speed. We kept it simple, just a flat white and a glance at the cakes. The coffee is Square Mile which is probably my pick in London. The resulting flat white was good with the right texture to the milk.

We didn't have time to sample the cakes or the food but it all looked great.  I shall endeavour to return this work to eat more and hopefully get a seat.

Price - £2.00 for flat white

Taste of Bitter Love on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment